No Regrets: A Ten-Step Program for Living in the Present and Leaving the Past Behind was published in 2004 by John Wiley & Sons
We all have regrets. They arise naturally out of life’s events and so are woven into the fabric of the human experience. To live is to regret. Regrets arise from unfulfilled expectations, from shattered hopes and lost dreams, from failures and tragedies, mistakes and misjudgments. They are inevitable. But regrets do not have to be harbored—or burdensome. We can let them go.
No Regrets is about how to let go of regrets—and find freedom from them. It is fundamentally about a process through which we forgive ourselves and others. The great secret of forgiveness is that we forgive not for the other person, but for ourselves.
No Regrets describes:
- Seven categories of regret
- Toxic thought patterns that create and sustain regrets.
- Myths of forgiveness that keep people in their regrets
- Physical and emotional benefits derived from forgiving and releasing regrets
- An easy-to-follow ten-step process for letting go of regrets
- Stories of remarkable forgiveness